The Transplant Games of America are a multi-sport festival event held every two years with the goal of bringing attention to Organ & Tissue donation. Over the years, the games have grown into an event that brings transplant recipients and donor families together. Many donor families never get the chance to meet the person(s) that their generosity has impacted. The Transplant Games, however, gives them the chance to be with other donor families and transplant recipients
The next transplant games will be held on August 2 – 7, 2018 in Salt Lake City, Utah. You can participate no matter where you live, including international participants. To participate as an athlete you must meet a few requirements:
- You must have had a life-altering transplant
- Your transplant must have taken place no sooner than 9 months prior to the beginning of the games.
- You must be healthy during competition.
- Your doctor must sign a medical waiver giving you permission to participate.
- You must sign a form stating that you meet all the above requirements.
*** If you are a living donor or part of a donor family, you may also participate.
Medal events approved for the 2018 Games:
- 5K/10K Run/Walk (open to the public)
- Table Tennis
- Track & Field
- Ballroom Dancing
- Cornhole (Bean Bag Toss)
- Texas “Hold-em Poker”
- Trivia Challenge
- Virtual Triathlon
- Youth Olympiad
***Athletes may participate in up to 5 events but only one individual sport per day.
If you would like more information please visit the website, Transplant Games of America Website
A few photos from previous years…